At Mt Romance, we specialise in everything that is Sandalwood. Offering health, wellness and beauty products that leverage the calming nature of this unique ingredient goes hand in hand with being one of the largest distillers of sandalwood oil in the world. As well as using local suppliers, we aim to support local organisations and charities through active involvement and sponsorships. We believe a healthy, happy community is critical to our success so at Mt Romance we work with local organisations to help better our community.
When did it all begin?
Established in 1997, Mt Romance pioneered the distillation and use of Australian Sandalwood (Santalum spicatum) in the fragrance industry. Recognising its wide range of applications, Mt Romance introduced Australian Sandalwood oil to the cosmetics, aromatherapy, fragrance and therapeutic markets globally, carving out a niche position for Australian Sandalwood oil as natural, sustainable and healing ingredient.
In 2008, Mt Romance became a part of the Quintis Group, strengthening its value as an oil distillery by expanding to additionally work with the most premium species of Sandalwood, Sandalwood Album. Quintis first sourced the seeds from Mysore in India in 1997 and began growing plantations of Sandalwood Album in Kununurra, Western Australia. On top of manufacturing the Mt Romance range of sandalwood retail products, Mt Romance and Quintis boast a high quality range of bulk materials (oil & wood), exported internationally.
What sets us apart internationally?
- A vertically-integrated supplier with 20 years of experience growing, processing and distilling sandalwood for global markets
- Sandalwood products include Sandalwood Album (Santalum album) wood and oil products, and Australian sandalwood (Santalum spicatum) oil
- A traceable, quality-assured oil supply – made according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP ICH Q7), ISO 9,001 (Quality) and 14,001 (Environment)
- Producing food-grade Sandalwood Album powder for the flavour market
- Onsite laboratory testing, offering certificates of analysis, pre-shipment samples and retention samples to ensure purity and order consistency
Mt Romance is committed to being a quality, sustainable and ethical business and sharing the beauty of sandalwood.